Monday 30 September 2013

Audience Research Results

Audience Research Results

In order to understand what our target audience want from a new college magazine, I made a survey and posted it on my Facebook account so people could answer it. My results are as follows: 



This shows that both males and females read, or at least look at, the current college magazine and therefore my front page and contents should be aimed at both genders and should therefore attract them with pictures and information relevant to both genders. 
This shows that a variety of age groups read the current college magazine, although no teachers could fill out the survey due to the fact that I posted the survey on my Facebook page and so I will assume that they read the magazine also. This means I will need to  make my information and images relevant to all age groups of both genders, but mainly for the students as opposed to focusing on the 20+ audience.
This feedback reflects where we live, showing the income of people living in Cornwall isn't huge, therefore the magazine will be free to everyone instead of them being for sale. 
This information is really helpful because it tells that the name of the current college magazine being the Bodmin College logo and then the word "magazine" isn't very interesting and doesn't not appeal to the primary target audience of the magazine, therefore I will need to change the name of my magazine to something more appropriate. Also, the whole cover seems to have negative feedback, so I should try and use more of a standard magazine cover layout with the masthead, a main image and taglines instead of doing it the way the current magazine does. 




This feedback reiterates the information given in the last question and tells me that a most interesting contents page is wanted.



The information displayed here shows that the most popular colours to use would be red, yellow, green and blue, so I will include these in my print material at some point. 



This tells me that if I were to create the entire school magazine, a sudoku would be a good addition for the reader's entertainment, however this is not really relevant to my current work. 



This feedback is helpful because it highlights that, although students do read the current college magazine for entertainment and distraction, it is also used as a medium for keeping up-to-date with the achievements, events and advancements within the college. Therefore, a mixture of entertainment and fact will be good.











From this feedback I have decided to call my magazine "free" as it had the most positive feedback. 

1 comment:

  1. Proficient research into your target audience well done. In order to conduct/present excellent audience research for your main task survey more people, do more surveys at different points in the project and comment in more detail on how your ideas have been shaped by primary and secondary audience research.

    ReplyDelete