Wednesday 2 October 2013

Flat Plans and Original Images

Flat Plans and Original Images

Before creating my front cover and contents page I have drawn two sketches, one of each print, to show what I intend to make, and I have also taken five original images to use between my prints so that my work is unique and how I would like it. My flat plans are as follows:




My original images are shown below and will be used in my prints. 







With my flat plans and my original images I have tried to accommodate the feedback I was given in my audience survey by using unique pictures but with a similar style to the current college magazine's images, due to my feedback saying the images were good. The survey showed that the audience would like to see a primary colour palette which I have tried to use within my original images. My flat plans show a more exciting cover with a layout that follows more conventions, with tag lines, which was suggested in my research.  Finally, the masthead on my front cover flat plan displayed the title "free" which had the most recommendations from the audience. 

1 comment:

  1. Proficient flat plans - well done. In terms of your images, you are started to experiment with lighting, make sure you continue to develop these skills as you progress onto the main task. In terms of your analysis/commentary make sure you link to audience theory/research and use a range of terminology.

    ReplyDelete