Tuesday 14 October 2014

Draft Script

After looking at my research I've written the first draft of the script. 


FADE IN:
INT. FRANKLIN’S BEDROOM – NIGHT
FRANKLIN sits on his BED, alone, with his LAPTOP on his lap and HEADPHONES on his head with MUSIC playing loudly. He looks up and sees TOBY, who has BLOOD on him, sitting opposite, also on the bed.
FRANKLIN
Wha-what do you want?
TOBY
I want you to play.
FRANKLIN
Leave me alone, Toby. Please. I’m trying to work, and if I get it done I’ll play with you later.
TOBY
No, I want to play now! Play with me. Play with me. Play with me.
FRANKLIN
SHUT UP!
TOBY
NO! PLAY WITH MEEEEEEE!
FRANKLIN
(Shuts laptop, takes off headphones and puts them to one side)
OKAY. Okay. What do you want to do?


TOBY
I want you to play. Go into the big building across the road.
FRANKLIN
No, I don’t want to. Let’s play here. What do you want to play?

TOBY
GO INTO THE BIG BUILDING.
FRANKLIN
NO.
TOBY
Big building. Big building. Big building. Big building. Big building. Big building.
FRANKLIN
NO! Why should I?
TOBY (O.S) AND ENSEMBLE (V.O.)
(All together but timing slightly staggered.)     BIG BUILDING. BIG BUILDING. BIG BUILDING. BIG BUILDING. BIG BUILDING. BIG BUILDING.

FRANKLIN
STOP IT. PLEASE. Just stop. I’ll go. I’ll do whatever will make it stop. Let me get my shoes, and then we’ll go. But we’re not going in.
End of Scene.
EXT. OUTSIDE THE ASYLUM – NIGHT
Franklin WALKS down the ROAD towards the ASYLUM. Up close, Toby is visible, but in long shots he is not, and Franklin appears to be talking to himself.
FRANKLIN
Are you happy now? Can we go back home?
TOBY
No, I want you to go inside.

FRANKLIN
Why?
TOBY
GO INSIDE. GO INSIDE.
FRANKLIN
But why, Toby? Just get out of my head and let me go home!
TOBY
Go inside. Just five minutes. Go inside.
FRANKLIN
For fuck’s sake, Toby! [Franklin holds his head in his hands, turns away from Toby to face the wall, and then turns back around and Toby is by the door] Okay. Toby?
TOBY
Over here. Come on.

FRANKLIN
Argh. Okay. Five minutes.
End of Scene.

INT. INSIDE THE ASYLUM – NIGHT
Franklin walks into the Asylum slowly. Toby only appears every so often, scaring Franklin.
FRANKLIN
Will you please stop doing that? Why are we even in here?
TOBY
Come on. Let’s look around.
FRANKLIN
Toby, stop messing about, can we just leave? We’re not supposed to be he- I’m not supposed to be here.
TOBY
We know, hehehe. Look around.
FRANKLIN
Why are you doing this? 
TOBY
*Appearing randomly in places* Over here- Come on!
FRANKLIN
*Reluctantly running to follow* Toby, come back here!
Toby keeps appearing, leading Franklin deep into the location, still running to follow until Toby appears and stays put. Franklin stops running.

FRANKLIN
*Heavy breathing* Are… you… done… yet?
TOBY
Yeah, let’s get out of here.
FRANKLIN
Thank fuck for that. Let’s go back the way we came.
The two of them turn around and start to walk back into the direction they came from, when they see lots of bloody bodies all over the floor.
FRANKLIN
[Head in hands] *Muttering to himself* Get out of my head. It’s not real. Focus. Just get out of here.
Enter BANDAGES
BANDAGES
*Skipping* Hehehehehehehehe.
TOBY
Franklin! Come on, get out! Franklin?
FRANKLIN
*Being crowded around by the bodies getting up and starting to surround him* I… can’t… move!
TOBY
Come on, mate! You’ve got to get yourself out of here, before they get you!

BODIES (ENSEMBLE)
You’re ours.
BANDAGES
*whispers but loudly, walking forward out of the crowd towards Franklin* Go on, you’ve got to get out. Go!
FRANKLIN
I… I Can’t. *Franklin sinks to the floor and lies down and closes his eyes* [the screen goes black]. They’ve got me.
End of Scene.
INT. FRANKLIN’S BEDROOM – NIGHT
Franklin wakes up in his own bed and bolts upright.
FRANKLIN
*Whispers* …Toby?
TOBY
Franklin.
FRANKLIN
Are we okay?
TOBY
We’re okay. Go back to sleep.
FRANKLIN
Okay. Thanks for getting me out. [He closes his eyes and the screen goes black again]
End of Scene.
INT. IN THE ASYLUM – NIGHT
Franklin is back in the asylum, staring straight into the crowd around him. First person perspective so you don’t see Franklin. He blinks and everyone around him has gone. He blinks again and they’re all lying on the floor. He looks down, sees himself on the floor in front of him, in a pool of blood. He sees his arm has been cut open. He falls to his knees, sees his reflection in the blood and closes his eyes. Black screen.

End of Script. 

No comments:

Post a Comment