Monday 20 October 2014

Audience Research: The Narrative Survey

To further my knowledge of what the audience want to see within the narrative of the film I decided to make a second survey. 




The first question was a simple one, and if the people taking their survey wanted this kind of film in the first place it was pretty clear that they'd like this too, but I asked if the main character having schizophrenia was film content that my audience was interested in, as this is the take we really wanted to go on with the psychological part, as we received all "yes" which is encouraging for us making it to go on with the idea.



Question two was just clarifying the most popular location for filming to make sure the asylum was definitely the most popular choice, and it definitely was, so we're definitely carrying on with that. 


To make sure we got the right amount of character development, I wanted to ask the audience how many main characters they want in this film. In my mind I thought three was the correct number, so I based the options around that, and the audience have agreed that three is the best number, so that can be worked on. 

 
I knew from the start that it would be easiest to make a film about people around the age as us, because we know the most about that age range, but I asked the question to the audience to see what age range they want the main characters to be, and the audience being from 14-24, the age range 16-18 came out on top, which is exactly what I wanted to happen and will be a lot of fun to write. 


Questions 5 and 6 were just to give a rough idea of the types of tv show and film that the audience have seen before and liked. Generally they've seen and liked the whole range of shows I put forward, but fewer of the films. This just means that these kind of styles are popular and I can take inspiration from them when writing. 

Question 7 was a bit clumsy, but really I just wanted to see how much production the audience want to see and what themes should be involved. Overall, the audience have decided that a whole range of themes should be in the film, such as mental health, family life, friendship, police investigation, film/tv, and special effects. When putting all of these ideas together I feel we can definitely come up with a suitable narrative. 

 
Question 8 was touching on a convention of thriller films, where it said that black and white footage is common, and I'm really keen to put this in, so I'm glad 85% of the audience agree that it should be there. 

Overall, this feedback on the narrative of No Escape has been really helpful when coming up with a narrative that the audience actually do want to see and I want to start writing straight away.








1 comment:

  1. • There is proficient research into similar products and a potential target audience.
    • There is proficient skill in the use of digital technology or ICT in the presentation.
    • There are proficient communication skills.
    • There is a good level of care in the presentation of the research and planning.

    ReplyDelete