Thursday 26 February 2015

Flat Plans

In order to find the best layout for my poster and double page spread, I thought it necessary to design some flat plans so I could decide on the layouts to go for. 




Of the three flat plans I created for my double page spread, I've chosen the latter image because I find this design busy, but not too busy, and original in its presentation of information, for example the caption in a blood splatter. It is also the perfect mix of image and text, with enough text to make the article interesting, but also with enough images to bring the colour and the interesting visuals to the article as a whole. The previous two lack this harmony, with the first having too few images, and the second having far too much text. 




Of the three poster designs, I prefer the last one because it has the explosion of the subject's mind. This is similar to the first flat plan, which has a mushroom cloud, symbolising the explosion, but I think the one of the latter image is much more controlled and easier to be more experimental with, making it more a symbolism of mental illness than of war. The second image features the antagonist of the film, however my audience feedback told me that I should feature the protagonist, and the use of the antagonist would mean restrictions in the design as it would have to have likeness to the film. 

 These flat plans have allowed me to very easily visualise different design ideas I have, and I will endeavour to create a digital version of my favourites for my final products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment